I don’t know if you’re aware of this, but the Internet was so very good to us this week. On average, you can count on there being at least one funny video that goes viral in a given week. But this week, there have been five – and I’m here to recap them for you!
1. The first (and most likely, BEST) of the videos is from our friends at New Girl. (Side Note: If I call them “our friends”, I’m pretty sure Zooey D. will get in touch about hanging out. What? It can happen.) The “leaked” video was Schmidt’s online dating profile video circa 2008. It’s shot like the opening credits of The Hills (may that show RIP), featuring Schmidt and…well, Schmidt.
Favorite Line: “This is me…warts and all!”
2. Okay, so maybe it’s a tie for 1st place. Juliette Lewis brings the funny in the first installment of what we hope is a very long video series, based on the Twitter feed @ShitGirlsSay. And here’s the thing, you guys – it’s absolutely spot-on. We so crazy.
Favorite Line: “Listen, listen, listen, listen, listen, LISTEN.”
3. I’ve had my eye on Taran Killiam for a while now. I think that he, along with Vanessa Bayer, have the potential to be the new breakout stars of SNL – just as soon as Jason Sudeikis and Kristen Wiig take a bow. His dancing Frenchman completely owns me in the “Les Jeunes de Paris” sketches and Vanessa Bayer is an excellent Miley Cyrus. While they’re both featured in the video below, Killiam is the main event. Recorded during last week’s writing night for SNL, Killiam and company pay tribute to the musical guest of the week, Robyn, by parodying her video for “Call Your Girlfriend”.
Favorite Moment: Could Bobby Moynihan look less excited to be a part of this?
4. Jimmy Kimmel is at it again. For Halloween, he had parents record their kid’s reactions to the news that they had already eaten all of the kid’s hard earned trick-or-treating candy. I thought that segment was a little funnier – maybe because this installment, featuring kids reacting poorly to “bad” presents is a little cringe-worthy. Buuut, that’s not to say there aren’t some funny moments. Including one kid that definitely needs his mouth washed out with soap.
Favorite Line: “I got PONIES!”
5. I don’t know if it’s possible for me to love Jimmy Fallon any more than I do. But in a familial sort of way – like, I kind of wish he were my big brother. Anyway, of course his video promoting this weekend’s Saturday Night Live had to make the list.
Favorite Line: “Kwanzaa is coming!”
Jimmy Fallon SNL promos (click to watch!)