Hometown: Fayetteville, AR
9 to 5 (day job): Student (Sr. at University of Tulsa)
1. Write a short bio of your favorite musician/author/actor/etc. in 100 characters or less.
To watch Chris Thile play mandolin is to watch an artist with full control of his craft. During a performance Chris often closes his eyes and sways, perhaps to the plucking melody of a Bob Dylan cover that somehow finds its way into a J.S. Bach concerto. No genre is safe, from the neo-bluegrass of “The Punch Brothers” to the unique folk sound of the “Goat Rodeo Sessions”. With a 2012 McArthur Fellow award already under his belt, there’s no telling what his next project will bring.
2. What world city do you identify with?
Melbourne, Australia (melting pot of cultures, artist’s haven, close to the beach, everyone’s beautiful accent, etc.)
3. Which pop culture icon is your spirit animal?
Tom Hanks (99% sure we would be best friends)
4. If you could only listen/watch/read three things for the rest of your life, what would you choose (no mixing and matching – they all have to be in the same category)?
3 Movies: Tree of Life, The Motorcycle Diaries. Lost in Translation
5. FMK: Trio
F: Mary, She is a fan of one night stands after all, though the last guy who did it didn’t make it out alive…
M: Sybil, She is an ANGEL, I would love her forever and make sure she had doctors who KNEW HOW TO DO THEIR JOB.
K: Edith, I mean, c’mon she’s everyone’s least favorite. The only reason we keep her around is for the googly eyes Edith Tumblr.
6. What is your favorite celebrity quote and why does it resonate with you?
“There’s nothing more dangerous than someone who wants to make the world a better place.” –Banksy; Changing the world won’t be easy and a lot people will reject you and your ideas. Just a little inspiration to try that much harder. 🙂
Now, where else can we find you?
On Twitter: @landryharlan